Chopped red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots are mixed in a delicious sweet and tangy dressing to make a Marinated Vegetable Salad! This delicious vegetarian recipe is the perfect way to get in fresh raw vegetables when you aren't in the mood for a traditional salad.
This fresh and crunchy marinated vegetable salad recipe is the perfect side dish for your next backyard BBQ with friends. This fresh vegetable salad can be made up to a couple of days in advance, is packed with fresh ingredients, and can be served at room temperature.
You won't have to worry about having a soggy salad with this salad recipe! As an added bonus, it's an incredibly healthy salad that is packed with hearty vegetables and healthy fats.
The heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil is paired with tarte vinegar and sweet honey in the marinade. I absolutely love this flavor combination!
This is a BIG SALAD! It's filled with 10 whole cups of fresh raw vegetables! It will definitely feed a crowd. You've got to bring this to your next Memorial Day weekend party, 4th of July party, picnic, camping adventure, or labor day weekend party!
- Chopped fresh vegetables - You'll need fresh cherry tomatoes, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, zucchini, carrots, and red bell peppers chopped into bite-size pieces.
- Marinade ingredients - You'll be combining extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, fresh parsley, fresh basil, minced garlic clove, salt, and pepper to make a delicious salad dressing to pour over the chopped fresh vegetables.
*See the recipe card for quantities.
This is a quick and easy no-cook recipe, so not much kitchen equipment is needed! All you will need is:
- Chopping board and chopping knife
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- 2 mixing bowls - 1 large mixing bowl and 1 small mixing bowl... plus a large serving bowl!
How to make a Marinated Vegetable Salad
Step 1 - Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk the marinade together until it is thoroughly combined.
Step 2 - Transfer all of the chopped raw veggies to a large bowl. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and mix together until the marinade is coating every vegetable.
Step 3: Cover the mixing bowl and let the raw vegetables and dressing ingredients chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. After 1 hour, transfer the salad to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. This will allow excess marinade to drain out.
Throw away any leftover marinade in the bottom of the mixing bowl. Serve your salad and enjoy!
The vegetables I listed in this recipe are all of my favorite choices, but there are so many other fresh summer vegetables that could also be added! You could try this recipe with yellow squash, cucumbers, fresh sweet corn, red onion, celery, or mushrooms.
- Add nuts & seeds - I think this recipe would be delicious topped with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, or slivered almonds.
- Add creamy crumbled cheese - Try this salad recipe out with crumbled blue cheese, goat cheese, or feta cheese on top.
- Over salad greens - Serve this salad over some fresh leafy greens!
Store the veggie salad in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. The vegetables on the bottom may get too soaked in marinade after a couple of days and no longer taste good. The vegetables on the top layers should still be delicious though!
I love these Pyrex glass storage containers.
- After the marinated vegetable salad has soaked in the dressing for a little while, I strongly recommend draining some of the marinade out.
- If you don't want to spend the time chopping all of the veggies, then you could use a food processor. Just make sure you aren't dicing the vegetables. They need to be bite-size.
- Another time-saving hack would be to purchase some pre-chopped veggies!
Salad recipes you'll also like
Here are some other summer salad recipes that you will also love!
Check out my highlights on Instagram for weekly family dinner ideas!
Did you make this recipe? Tell me all about it in the comments below! I love hearing from my followers and answering any of your questions!