- 1 medium-sized zucchini (1 cup shredded)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners. Melt the stick of butter in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.
- Using a box grater, shred your zucchini until you have 1 cup of shredded zucchini. Squeeze excess moisture out of the shredded zucchini using a few paper towels. Simply wrap your shredded zucchini in paper towels and give it a good squeeze over the sink.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, cane sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Gently fold the shredded zucchini into the wet ingredients.
- Carefully pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Pour about 1/4 of the flour mixture in, mix until no flour streaks remain, and repeat until all of the flour has been incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Using a large spoon, fill your muffin cups with the zucchini pumpkin muffin batter. You can fill your cups to within a few centimeters from the top of the muffin liners. Transfer your muffins to the preheated oven. Bake for 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. This recipe makes 18 muffins.
- When the muffins are done baking, remove them from the oven, carefully remove each muffin from the muffin tin, and let cool for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 18 muffins. You'll need to repeat your baking process in order to use up all of the batter. The cooking time reflected in this recipe card is for your first full batch of muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: zucchini pumpkin muffins, pumpkin zucchini muffins