For the grilled chicken & marinade:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice from 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose seasoning
For the roasted potatoes:
- 1.5 - 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons course kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the roasted asparagus:
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon course kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- Make the grilled chicken marinade. In a small mixing bowl or a mason jar, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and all purpose seasoning. Whisk in a bowl or shake up in a mason jar to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breast. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sheet plan you plan on using for the potatoes and the asparagus in the oven while the oven is preheating.
- Prepare your potatoes. Cut the potatoes into wedges and place the wedges into a medium sized mixing bowl. Coat the potato wedges with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and pepper. Add each ingredient one at a time and stir the potatoes after each addition.
- When your oven is done preheating, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Pour the seasoned potato wedges onto the hot sheet pan. Arrange the potatoes so that they only take up half of the sheet pan. Try to space them out at much as possible while still leaving an empty space on the other half of the sheet pan. Put them in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the asparagus. Cut the tough bottom ends off of the asparagus. Place the asparagus into the same mixing bowl that the potatoes were in. Evenly coat the asparagus with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- After the potatoes have roasted for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven. Do not try to move the potato wedges around. They will stick to the pan and you will make a mess of them. They will easily release from the pan when they are finished cooking. Add the asparagus to the other half of the sheet pan in the reserved space. Place the sheet pan back into the oven and continue roasting for 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven after they are finished cooking.
- For the grilled chicken: Start your grill and turn the burners on medium-high. Let your grill warm up until it reaches a temperature of 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit. Maintain this temperature throughout the entire cook time.
- After your grill has heated up, place the marinated chicken breast onto the grill. Grill the chicken breast for 6 minutes, flip and grill for another 6 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the grill after it has finished cooking. Serve the grilled chicken along side the roasted potatoes and asparagus with a squeeze of lemon over top. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: dinner
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: oven roasted potatoes & asparagus, grilled chicken