- 12 ounces gluten free pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 block cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Cook the ground turkey and seasonings over medium heat until fully cooked and no longer pink in the middle. Remove from heat. Carefully drain excess liquid out of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes, diced onions, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil and dried thyme. Cook until the tomatoes are soft, bubbly and falling apart, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the block of cream cheese and the shredded parmesan cheese. Stir the cheeses in until melted and thoroughly combined. This is when your pasta sauce will turn from red to pink/orange.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the fresh spinach until the spinach softens and wilts.
- Add the ground turkey and the cooked pasta. Mix until thoroughly combined. If your Pink Pasta Sauce is too thick, slowly add some of the reserved pasta water to thin it out. I prefer to add 1/2 cup.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I made the original recipe using gluten free pasta, making this a gluten free recipe. If you do not need the recipe to be gluten free, then you can use any pasta that you prefer.
- This pasta dish will keep well in the refrigerator for 3-5 days if stored in a sealed, airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: stove top cooking
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: pink pasta sauce