- 16 ounces fusilli pasta
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup walnut halves & pieces
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Rinse with cold water and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half. Using kitchen scissors, cut the basil into thin ribbons. Dice the sundried tomatoes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl with the cooked pasta (cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, sundried tomatoes, pesto, walnuts & parmesan). Mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free pasta.
- Do not skip the final step. Letting the pasta salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to serving marinates the ingredient flavors together.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: side dish
- Method: stove top cooking
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: pesto pasta salad with sundried tomatoes