- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound peeled deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse the peeled and deveined raw shrimp and transfer the shrimp to a large, gallon-sized zip top plastic bag.
- Trim the boneless, skinless chicken breast of any fat. Chop the chicken breast into 1 inch size pieces. Transfer the chopped chicken breast to a separate large, gallon-sized zip top plastic bag.
- Make your marinade with your remaining ingredients. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, minced garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour 2/3 of the lemon Greek marinade over the chicken and 1/3 of the marinade over the shrimp. Close the plastic bags and use your hands to massage the marinade into the chicken and shrimp. Let the chicken and shrimp soak in the marinade for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- While the chicken and shrimp are marinating, soak your wooden skewers in water. If you aren't using wooden skewers then you can skip this step.
- After 1 hour of marinating time, remove the chicken and shrimp from the fridge and begin threading the proteins onto skewers. Do not combine chicken and shrimp onto the same skewers. The shrimp cooks much faster than the chicken so you do not want them on skewers together. You'll be able to fit about 5-6 shrimp onto each skewer and 7-8 pieces of chicken onto each skewer. Leave about 1 inch of empty space at the ends of each skewer. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor, gas grill to 400°F. Grill the shrimp skewers first. Place them onto the grill in a single layer. Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes, with 6-8 minutes of total cooking time. Shrimp is cooked when it has turned bright pink, is firm to the touch and the inside is white.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and place the chicken skewers onto the grill in a single layer. Grill each side of the chicken skewers for 7-8 minutes, for a total of 14-16 minutes of grilling time. Chicken is cooked through when it's internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the grill. Serve the chicken and shrimp skewers with your favorite side salads!
- Prep time includes 1 hour to marinade and about 30 minutes to chop the chicken, make the marinade and thread the chicken and shrimp onto skewers.
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: shrimp and chicken kabobs