- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
Butter Garlic Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 ounces prosciutto - chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Marinate the shrimp. Add all ingredients for the shrimp marinade to a medium-sized mixing bowl. This includes the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and the fresh parsley. Whisk together to combine. Add the shrimp to the bowl and thoroughly coat the shrimp with the marinade. Set aside and let the shrimp marinate for at least 30 minutes. After the shrimp has marinated for at least 30 minutes, thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- While the shrimp is marinating, prepare your spaghetti squash and preheat your grill. You will want your grill to reach a temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. To prepare your squash, cut the stem off of the squash and cut the squash in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, clean out the seeds and the guts. Rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper into each cut half of the spaghetti squash.
- Place the spaghetti squash on the grill, over indirect heat, cut side up. Cook the spaghetti squash for about 40 minutes or until the spaghetti squash easily pierces with a fork.
- When the spaghetti squash has finished cooking, remove the squash from the grill and let cool. Once the squash is cool, shred the squash using a fork and set aside.
- Lower the grill temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the shrimp skewers over direct heat. Cook for about 2 minutes per side. You will know the shrimp is done cooking when it becomes firm and turns light pink in color.
- Crisp the prosciutto. In a small frying pan coated in about 1 teaspoon of olive oil, cook the chopped prosciutto. This will take about 10 minutes over low heat. Cook until very crispy.
- Make the butter garlic sauce. In a large frying pan, melt the butter over low heat. After the butter is melted, add the minced garlic. Cook the minced garlic over low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, fresh parsley, oregano and the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the butter garlic sauce from the heat. Add the shredded spaghetti squash to the frying pan and toss to combine.
- Serve the spaghetti squash topped with fresh parmesan cheese and the crispy prosciutto with the shrimp skewers on the side.
- If you are using wooden skewers for the shrimp, soak them in water for at least 1 hour prior to using.
- Many of these cooking steps can overlap and be done while something else is cooking. For example, you can cook the butter garlic sauce and crisp the prosciutto at the same time, and while the spaghetti squash is grilling.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Serve this with fresh bread, a baked potato or with spaghetti noodles mixed into the shredded spaghetti squash.
- This is a gluten free, low carb meal. Always double-check packaged ingredients for added gluten if you are trying to avoid gluten.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled spaghetti squash, grilled spaghetti squash recipes, grilled butter garlic shrimp