- 1.5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of large stock pot. Cover with an inch or two of cold water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a rapid simmer. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes can easily pierce with a fork. Do not overcook the potatoes. You don't want mushy potatoes!
- While the potatoes are cooking, shred and chop your carrots, celery, onion, green onion and fresh herbs.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain the cooking water and let the potatoes cool to room temperature. Once cool enough to handle, chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. You do not need to peel the potatoes.
- Add the chopped potatoes, fresh vegetables and fresh herbs to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together until they are fully combined.
- You can serve the potato salad immediately or let it chill in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Keep a close eye on the potatoes while they're boiling. The key to potato salad is to not have potatoes that are too soft. You want the potatoes to easily pierce with a fork, BUT not fall right apart when pierced with the fork. You aren't making potatoes for mashing. Ideally you want cooked potatoes with a creamy texture that do not fall apart.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stove top cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Potato Salad without Eggs