A Matcha Chai Latte is the perfect warm and cozy drink when the weather turns cold. The classic chai tea flavors of ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves are mixed with sweet matcha powder and creamy oat milk.
- 1 cup water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 2 teaspoons sweet matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Optional - ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the 1 cup of water to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add in the two chai tea bags, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chai tea bags and discard. Add the oat milk, sweet matcha powder and maple syrup. Whisk until the matcha powder is fully dissolved.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and bring the latte blend back up to a simmer.
- Remove from heat again and carefully froth the oat milk latte using a handheld milk frother. Froth for 30 seconds. Be extremely careful during this step. The hot liquid can splash up onto you during frothing.
- Pour your Matcha Chai Latte into 1 large coffee mug or two small mugs. Top with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Serve and enjoy!
- Be extremely careful frothing hot liquids with a handheld milk frother. The hot liquid can splash up onto your skin and causes a burn.
- The frothing step is only used to create foam. This step can be skipped if you do not have a milk frother.
- Category: drinks
- Method: steeping
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: matcha chai latte