- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter (cold)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (cold)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure out your flour and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the stick of butter into cubes. Drop the cubes of butter into the flour. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until the flour and butter mixture forms a course, crumb-like texture.
- Pour the milk into the butter and flour mixture. Using a large spoon, mix the milk into the flour until the flour has formed a dough. The dough should be pasty, sticky and moist.
- Drop 1/4 cup sized biscuits onto your parchment lined baking sheet. You'll end up with 12-13 biscuits.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 13-15 minutes, until the biscuits are slightly golden brown on the tops and bottoms.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
- Use cold butter and cold milk for this 3 ingredient biscuit recipe! Cold butter and milk are what give biscuits their signature flaky texture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: 3 ingredient drop biscuits, three ingredient drop biscuits