- 1 1/2 cups shredded yellow squash
- 2/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a pie dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix your shredded yellow squash, diced yellow onion and goat cheese. You will need to use your hands to massage the goat cheese into the zucchini and onion. This will ensure even distribution of cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl whisk together your milk, Greek yogurt and eggs. Whisk until no clumps of Greek yogurt remain.
- Dump your milk, yogurt and egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix until combined. Add your zucchini, onion and goat cheese mixture to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Dump all ingredients into your prepared pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
Keywords: eggs, goat cheese, summer squash, yellow squash, pie, breakfast, lunch, dinner, side dish