Healthy Turkey Burger Recipe
Skip the ground beef burgers and try out a Healthy Turkey Burger Recipe instead! These turkey burgers are filled with simple ingredients and they're made in under 30 minutes. Even if your weeknights are busy, you can still get a healthy dinner on the table.
- Author: Katie
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: pan-frying & baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add all turkey burger ingredients, except for the olive oil, to a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until they are fully combined.
- Divide the turkey burger mixture into 4, evenly sized patties. The patties should be about the size of your palm and about 1/2 inch thick. Using your thumb, make a small indentation in the center of each patty. This will help the patties keep their shape while they are cooking.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. A cast iron skillet or a non-stick frying pan will work best.
- Transfer the patties to the hot, oiled skillet. Brown each side of the burgers for about 4 minutes per side, until they have a nice brown crust on the outside.
- Transfer the browned burger patties to a small, rimmed baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the oven and cook the turkey burgers for 10-15 minutes, or until they have reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Remove the burgers from the oven, top them with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy turkey burgers, healthy turkey burger recipe