Ground Turkey Pasta with Broccoli
Prepare this creamy Ground Turkey Pasta with Broccoli for a cheesy comfort food meal your entire family will love! Made entirely in one pot in just 30 minutes!
- Author: Katie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: stove top cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dry macaroni shells
- 2 cups fresh broccoli - chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese - shredded
- Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven (or similarly-sized pot) and warm over medium heat, then add the crumbly ground turkey. Cook the turkey until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil from the pot, increase the heat to medium-high, then add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir the dry pasta, chopped broccoli, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and pepper into the ground turkey and stock mixture and cook until the pasta is tender and all liquids are absorbed, about 15 minutes. Partially cover the pot while the pasta is cooking, stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, and adjust the heat as needed.
- Turn off the heat once the pasta is fully cooked and all liquid is absorbed.
- Add the heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese to the cooked ground turkey pasta mixture.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and the turkey pasta is smooth and creamy. The pasta will continue to thicken as it cools. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Boil the pasta on medium to high heat, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the cooking pot.
- Store leftover ground turkey pasta in a glass, airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- The nutrition information shown below is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 618
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 507 mg
- Fat: 31.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.6 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 38.4 g
- Cholesterol: 117.2 mg
Keywords: ground turkey pasta