- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Lay the chicken breast out on a flat surface. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Evenly pound the chicken breast using a meat mallet or a rolling pin. You want the chicken to reduce to about 1 inch in thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Season both sides of the chicken breast pieces with the seasoning blend.
- Measure the all-purpose flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Crack the eggs into a separate medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese into a third, medium-sized bowl.
- Bread the chicken. Start by pressing both sides of the raw chicken breast into the flour. Then dip the chicken into the eggs. Lastly, press both sides of the chicken into the panko bread crumbs. So you'll start with the flour, then dip into the eggs and finish with the panko parmesan bread crumbs. Repeat this process with all of your chicken pieces.
- Place the panko chicken onto a baking sheet topped with a cooling rack. The cooling rack will allow air to flow around all sides of the panko crusted chicken, resulting in a crispy coating on all sides.
- Bake the panko chicken for 20 minutes at 425°F. Check for doneness using a digital meat thermometer. If the internal temperature has not yet reached 165°F, continue cooking the chicken. When finished, remove from the oven and let rest on the cooling rack for 5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized pieces and enjoy! Panko Chicken is best when served immediately.
- If you are using chicken cutlets, then you can skip step 2.
- If you do not have a cooling rack, then a foil-lined baking sheet will work. The bottom of the panko crusted chicken may not be as crispy though.
- The nutrition information shown below is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked panko chicken