- 15 bean soup mix - dried beans, 20 ounces
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup white or yellow onion - chopped
- 2 cups carrots - chopped
- 1 cup celery - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 parmesan cheese rind
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Soak your dried 15 bean soup mix overnight. Open the package of beans, discard the seasoning packet (if included) and pour the dried beans into a large bowl or stock pot. Sort through the beans and discard any debris. Cover the beans with about 10 cups of water and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, drain out the soaking water, rinse the beans with fresh water and transfer the soaked beans to the crock pot.
- Add the rest of the soup ingredients to your slow cooker. This includes the vegetable broth, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese rind, dried thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cook your 15 bean soup on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- When the soup has finished cooking, remove the bay leaves and the parmesan cheese rind. Serve bowls of soup topped with fresh parsley, grated parmesan cheese or crispy bacon! Enjoy!
- Equipment needed: Slow cooker, 7 quart or larger
- Prep time listed on the recipe card does not include the time it takes to soak the beans overnight.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: up to 10 hours
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: 15 bean soup crock pot